15 Sep Steel City Pops
Founded in 2012, Steel City Pops makes delicious, gourmet pops. They only use natural ingredients with no refined sugars or high fructose corn syrup and utilize local produce whenever possible. Although Steel City Pops was founded only 5 years ago, they have quickly grown and now serve their healthy, delicious treats in 21 locations across the South.
Founded in 2012, Steel City Pops makes delicious, gourmet pops. They only use natural ingredients with no refined sugars or high fructose corn syrup and utilize local produce whenever possible. They have quickly grown and now serve their healthy, delicious treats in 9 locations in Alabama, Kentucky and Texas. Customers are able to purchase in-store or have pops catered and served at their special event.
One of Steel City Pops fastest-growing segments is their catering business. With 9 locations, they have a considerable amount of events (or “Happenings” in the Steel City Pops world) to manage. Before Salesforce, ordering, confirmation. fulfillment and event management were all done manually. The process was inefficient and created the possibility of errors and communication breakdown internally and with customers. As with any high-growth company, getting new staff up-to-speed on a loosely defined, manual process was also difficult. With all of these factors in place, Steel City Pops needed a platform and a system that would allow them to scale their business seamlessly.
Their specific goals included:
• Creating a platform where customers could quickly and easily schedule a “Happening.”
• Developing a way to easily manage all “Happenings.”
• Putting a system in place that would allow them to scale quickly.
• Developing a plan that would allow them to quickly onboard new employees.
• Utilizing a platform that would allow them to have a 360-degree view of their customers, locations, products, and events.