02 Nov Fast Forward: November 2022 Edition – GEO
Monthly, FSM compiles data and research from interviews with our clients, consultants, and our extensive network of industry experts to identify sales opportunities for our partners at Salesforce. We call it “Fast Forward.” Please sign up below if you’d like to get this info delivered via email.
Raise four fingers, because Q4 is kicking off and it’s time to leave it all out on the field. We’re offering up our best game-time strategies on where to look for opportunities this month, what actually goes into a prospect’s buying decision, and more. Read on for the full play-by-play in the November edition of Fast Forward!
In this edition:
- When you gotta go, you gotta go: Where to look for opportunities this month.
- How to decide: Reorient your thinking to how buyers actually buy.
- Keep on truckin’: The rundown of clients served and Salesforce products wrangled by FSM in the last month.
Portable toilet rental
The many uses of portable toilets (rocket toilets, anyone?) are factoring into continuing expansion of this industry. There are plenty of opportunities for helping businesses in this sector grow…as well as the opportunity for plenty of bathroom-related humor. We’ll keep it simple, though, and say the predicted 6.7% CAGR in the U.S. portable toilet rental market doesn’t…stink.
- Learn about the factors in the growth of this market, and – who knew – how to calculate how many more porta-potties are needed if an event serves food and drink. 😬🚽
- Use this angle: Focus on how Salesforce can help toilet rental companies gain a 360-degree view of their customer in order to improve sales and service processes, as well as how Salesforce can improve field service operations.
Providers of location intelligence help businesses analyze, map, and share location data of their customers. This “Internet of Things” subsector is already valued at $4.7 billion in the North American market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.8% through 2030.
- Learn about the location intelligence market and top location analytics companies.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Salesforce can provide a 360-degree view of their customer and enable them to build personalized journeys that address the unique needs of their buyers.
Energy storage as a service
In the U.S., the challenges of the increasingly complex tasks of balancing peak loads for population-dense areas and providing backup power to avoid blackouts have helped drive demand for energy storage as a service (ESaaS). The U.S. ESaaS market is projected to grow at 9.5% CAGR through 2028, with most of the current players in the market operating at the local or regional level.
- Learn more about what constitutes ESaaS and the outlook for the ESaaS market.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Salesforce can unify the critical functions of these businesses from sales to service on one platform, and enable them to manage the complex needs of their various customer segments.
How to decide
What do 90% of the vendors ultimately chosen by B2B buyers have in common? They were already on a short list before the sales conversation even started. So how does an account exec overcome these types of hidden challenges? This article from Harvard Business Review offers insights that can help realign our thinking and reminds us that, while we have a sales process, buyers have a process too. And theirs is the one that matters most.
THE CONSULTING PARTNER OF CHOICE
As businesses across the country navigate changing economic conditions, FSM has kept right on truckin’, helping Salesforce clients optimize their use of the platform and position them for continued growth and success. In the last month alone, Fast Slow Motion helped more than 160 new and existing GEO, HLS, RCG, FINS, MFG, and PubSec clients implement and enhance Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Marketing Cloud Account Engagement, Health Cloud, Experience Cloud, FSL, CPQ, Salesforce Maps, and more.
Speaking of which…
One of the deals listed above was with Federated Wireless, a provider of private wireless solutions across the U.S. Check out this brief deal review video in which we discuss how FSM is helping build a scalable solution to support their rapid growth, leverage Marketing Cloud Account Engagement, and connect with their partners’ Salesforce instances.
Looking for a partner who understands your clients and how Salesforce can help them grow? Reach out to me via email or add me on Slack (firstname.lastname@example.org) – we’d love to help you close your next deal.
A COUPLE MORE THINGS
Congrats to A.G., the winner of our gift card in last month’s survey drawing. Thanks to all of you who provided valuable feedback on how we can continue to make Fast Forward valuable for you!
Also – every month my team at FSM conducts a round of research and interviews with our clients, consultants, and our extensive network of industry experts to produce these ideas. Please continue to let me know how I can make it more useful for you, and feel free to forward it to your colleagues as you see fit.