01 May Fast Forward: May 2022 Edition – RCG
Monthly, FSM compiles data and research from interviews with our clients, consultants, and our extensive network of industry experts to identify sales opportunities for our partners at Salesforce. We call it “Fast Forward.” Please sign up below if you’d like to get this info delivered via email.
Hey, hey – it’s May, which means it’s time for the latest edition of Fast Forward! We’ve got everything you need to make it a great month, including where to find opportunities, crucial info for your next sales call with B2B prospects, and more!
In this edition:
- Growth plan: Where to look for opportunities this month.
- Got a moment? What your B2B prospects need to understand about sales and marketing.
- Humblebrag: The rundown of new logos signed, industries served, and Salesforce products wrangled by FSM in the last month.
Plant-based food and beverage
Retail sales of plant-based foods in the U.S. outpaced the rate of growth of total food sales by 3x in 2021, reaching $7.4 billion. Companies that produce or facilitate the production of plant-based foods are well-positioned to benefit from a continuing interest from consumers in eco- and health-conscious food options, as well as a growing need for protein alternatives worldwide.
- Learn more about recent trends in the plant-based food market, topics related to plant-based foods, and companies in the plant-based foods sector.
- Use this angle: Focus on how the Salesforce platform can provide the infrastructure needed for companies to scale rapidly while providing a single source of truth as they expand into e-commerce, retail, and more.
Funding to nonalcoholic beverage startups surged in the last year, which aligns with a 33% increase in nonalcoholic beverage sales in the U.S. in 2021, which reached $331 million. Companies that capitalize on this trend (or specific categories like non-alcoholic spirits) will see continued growth as the market continues to boom.
- Learn more about the state of the non-alcoholic beverage industry and 15 non-alcoholic beverage startups.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Consumer Goods Cloud can help optimize field execution, and Sales Cloud can help reps serve customers proactively.
Resale as a service
The secondhand fashion market is hot and estimated to hit $26 billion in 2022. Resale as a Service (RaaS) is part of the conscious commerce trend, which is forecast to increasingly factor into consumer decision-making across a wide variety of sectors. Companies that act as a third-party resale platform or those that facilitate resale for fashion brands will be in growth mode.
- Learn more about the opportunity in RaaS and resale’s growing share in the U.S. fashion market.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Service Cloud and Experience Cloud can maximize the effectiveness of internal customer service resources and create a powerful, positive customer experience.
This year, worldwide e-commerce sales will exceed $5 trillion for the first time, accounting for more than a fifth of overall retail sales. Check out this list of U.S.-based e-commerce companies that recently received Series A funding and will be looking to grow.
Need a moment?
From Harvard Business Review:
“Any given [B2B] sales team [has] a vanishingly small window of opportunity to interact directly with that customer — perhaps 5% or 6% of total buying time if they are lucky.”
A much more meaningful percentage of buying time is spent gathering information elsewhere. Read the full HBR article to learn how your B2B clients can adapt and get the right information in front of prospects where and when they need it (hint, hint – Salesforce can help with that).
THE PARTNER OF CHOICE
In the last month alone, Fast Slow Motion closed 18 new HLS, FINS, RCG, and Core logos, and helped new and existing Core, FINS, HLS, MFG, and RCG clients implement and enhance Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Digital Engagement, Health Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Experience Cloud, Pardot, FSL, and more.
Looking for a partner who understands your clients and how Salesforce can help them grow? Reach out to me via email or add me on Slack (email@example.com) – we’d love to help you close your next deal.