19 Feb Fast Forward: March 2021 Edition – HLS, FINS, MFG
Monthly, FSM compiles data and research from interviews with our clients, consultants, and our extensive network of industry experts to identify sales opportunities for our partners at Salesforce. We call it “Fast Forward.” Please sign up below if you’d like to get this info delivered via email.
HLS Hot Spots
- Home health: Home health admissions were way up in 2020, with many providers and insurers looking for ways to protect high-risk patients amid the pandemic. This trend is likely to continue, and home health providers will have to compete well as more providers (including hospitals) are incentivized to enter the market. Read more here. In addition, several industries connected to home health should also benefit:
- Pharmacies (67k+ in the U.S., 21k+ of which are independent), especially those that offer mail order services or home delivery
- Medical supplies and equipment (manufacturing, distribution, sales)
- Home modification companies
- Clinical Research Organizations (CROs): Recent growth, combined with the changes to and developments in clinical research sparked by the pandemic, place new challenges on CROs. These organizations could benefit from technology that improves their clinical research activities. Read more here.
- TPAs: Enrollment season is over, and the end-of the-year insurance and tax paperwork have typically been sent out. Seasonally speaking, TPAs may be a good target in March, especially those looking to revamp/upgrade their sales and service technology.
FINS Hot Spots
- Hedge funds: Strong growth is predicted for hedge funds in 2021. Read more here.
Other Pandemic-Boosted Businesses
Though the pandemic has inflicted serious damage in many industries, there are some niches that may represent opportunities, either due to their ability to address challenges in the current climate, or their need for technology solutions that will help them thrive in the current environment:
- Traffic safety equipment manufacturers (think of all those orange cones used at vaccine safety sites), not to mention promised investments in infrastructure from the new administration)
- Telehealth and telemedicine
- PPE manufacturers
- Industrial automation companies
- Employee wellness companies
- Veterinary medicine