01 Aug Fast Forward: August 2022 Edition – RCG
Monthly, FSM compiles data and research from interviews with our clients, consultants, and our extensive network of industry experts to identify sales opportunities for our partners at Salesforce. We call it “Fast Forward.” Please sign up below if you’d like to get this info delivered via email.
We’re officially six months into FY23, and we’re here to help you crush your goals in the second half of the year. Check out this month’s edition of Fast Forward for the latest tips on where to find opportunities, some thoughts on crawling before you walk, before you run, and more.
In this edition:
- Check baby, check baby, one, two, three: Where to look for opportunities this month.
- A change would do you good: Strategies to help your prospects embrace big changes and achieve big goals.
- All we do is win, win, win: The rundown of new logos signed, industries served, and Salesforce products wrangled by FSM in the last month.
From vending machines to interactive kiosks, micro markets to self-service stations, grocery stores to retail stores, unattended and self-checkout options are exploding in popularity. And it’s not just consumers benefiting from this sort of hyper-convenience—a recent PepsiCo consumer study noted that retailers are able to reel in 20-40% more per transaction in an unattended setting. Both retailers utilizing unattended and/or self-checkout and the companies providing the infrastructure to support these modes of operation stand to benefit.
- Learn more about why unattended retail is exploding and the state of the market for self-checkout technologies.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Salesforce provides a 360-degree view of customers in the retail sector, with the ability to streamline sales, ensure consistent support processes that reduce product downtime and maintain customer satisfaction, and personalize marketing messaging, all in one unified platform.
The wine industry tends to be relatively recession-proof (surprise, surprise). Combined with ongoing supply-chain issues that are creating challenges for imported brands, the current economic environment presents an area of opportunity in the U.S.-based wine industry, which is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% through 2030.
- Learn more about the forecast for the U.S. wine market, as well why smaller distributors may come out ahead.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Salesforce can offer robust marketing capabilities, reporting functionality, and product inventory management. Unlike other point-solution options, Salesforce offers a fully integrated platform that will scale.
As we mentioned back in January, sustainability is top of mind for many consumers. And the preference for green/sustainable options extends beyond products, with 86% of consumers among younger generations showing a willingness to pay more for sustainable packaging. With growth expected to reach a CAGR of 5.7% through 2026, both green packaging manufacturers and the brands that use them should reap the benefits of increasingly eco-conscious consumers.
- Learn more about the factors driving green packaging growth, the forecast/trends for the market, and how Salesforce has helped a packaging company grow.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Salesforce can give green packaging companies greater visibility into and more efficient sales processes, and unify sales and service.
A change would do you good
At FSM, we often talk about the idea of “crawl-walk-run.” When you’re making big changes and trying to accomplish big goals, sometimes you have to take smaller steps (crawl/walk) before you can take the leap to larger ones (run). If you have a prospect with an organization that’s struggling with change, here’s a great article to share with them that breaks down a couple of strategies for tackling change, including the “foot in the door” strategy that sounds a lot like “crawl-walk-run.”
THE CONSULTING PARTNER OF CHOICE
In the last month alone, Fast Slow Motion closed 16 new HLS, FINS, RCG, Core, and PubSec logos, and helped new and existing clients implement and enhance Sales Cloud, CPQ, Service Cloud, FSL, Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Financial Services Cloud, Experience Cloud, and more.
Looking for a partner who understands your clients and how Salesforce can help them grow? Reach out to me via email or add me on Slack (firstname.lastname@example.org) – we’d love to help you close your next deal.