27 May Project Story: Creating Personalized Customer Journeys for a Grocery Store Chain
A grocery store chain needed a scalable way to create store- and customer-specific email campaigns, but faced challenges, including:
- The need to tailor control emails for each store based on region-dependent ad groups.
- The need to control automated email scheduling based on the availability of ad content.
- The need for flexibility in customer subscription management.
Fast Slow Motion helped create a scalable email marketing solution by:
- Building Data Extensions within Marketing Cloud Engagement to bring in data on subscribers, stores, and ad groups via API and FTP.
- Building queries within Automation Studio to update data daily and join relevant data points.
- Creating repeatable Journeys that provide customers with weekly ad emails and other personalized promotions with ads specific to their chosen store.
The solution created by Fast Slow Motion enabled the client to:
- Provide a more positive, personalized customer experience based on customer’s preferred store, buying preferences, and more.
- Ensure that marketing messaging is always up to date and relevant to a recipient’s preferred store.
- Capitalize on promotional opportunities specific to a region or store.