Fast Forward: September 2022 Edition – RCG
Monthly, FSM compiles data and research from interviews with our clients, consultants, and our extensive network of industry experts to identify sales opportunities for our partners at Salesforce. We call it “Fast Forward.” Please sign up below if you’d like to get this info delivered via email.
School is in session, and it’s time to hit the books (or at least, this edition of Fast Forward) to learn where we recommend you look for opportunities this month, why customers’ multi-channel buying behavior requires a re-think of traditional sales and marketing processes, and more.
In this edition:
- Special delivery: Where to look for opportunities this month.
- Let me look into it: How to equip your clients to meet the demands of buyer behavior now and in the future.
- Join the party: The rundown of new logos signed, industries served, and Salesforce products wrangled by FSM in the last month.
- Picture this: Photographic evidence that the Fast Slow Motion team is one good-lookin’ crew.
Food and beverage is now the fastest-growing category in online retail. E-commerce food sales were booming pre-pandemic, and COVID-19 instantly multiplied the already growing sector. The DTC food market cuts out the middleman and allows companies more control in the customer relationship. The DTC food industry has also flourished due to a movement to subscription models which are growing in popularity.
- Learn more about food trend predictions for 2022-2025.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Salesforce can cure DTC companies from time-consuming point solutions and create one central location for all lead sourcing, subscription management, and inventory tracking.
Food contract manufacturing
Outsourced manufacturing of packaged foods, especially generic and store brands, is thriving in 2022 as consumers become increasingly cost-conscious. U.S. contract food manufacturing is expected to grow at a rate of 9.5% CAGR through 2030.
- Learn more about food contract manufacturing, the outlook for the U.S. food contract manufacturing industry, and see a list of top food contract manufacturers.
- Use this angle: Focus on how companies can leverage Salesforce sales and marketing capabilities to seize a competitive advantage in the industry.
Digestive health products
The global digestive health products market was estimated at $44.4 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach a value of $47.8 billion by 2022. Causes for growth include a growing number of individuals with digestive issues, a growing number of food sensitivities, and an increasing awareness of overall gut health.
- Learn more about the digestive health products market and the drivers of growth in the probiotics market.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Salesforce can help digestive health product companies optimize their growth trajectory and elevate their customer support services.
A Gartner study showed that B2B customer stakeholders involved in the purchasing process for complex solutions spent only 17% of their total buying time interacting directly with sales teams, spending far more time (27%) researching buying decisions online. With buyers spending the vast majority of their time outside traditional (or should we say *vintage*) sales interactions, linear marketing to sales processes just aren’t holding up. Check out this article from Harvard Business Review for more on how buyers make decisions now and why your clients may need to re-think their sales and marketing processes.
THE CONSULTING PARTNER OF CHOICE
Join the party
In the last month alone, Fast Slow Motion closed 12 new HLS, FINS, RCG, MFG, and Core logos, and helped new and existing clients implement and enhance Health Cloud, Sales Cloud, CPQ, Service Cloud, FSL, Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Financial Services Cloud, Experience Cloud, and more.
We are proud to announce that FSM is now Salesforce CDP and Marketing Cloud Personalization Accredited. We look forward to helping your Marketing Cloud clients on upcoming projects!
Looking for a partner who understands your clients and how Salesforce can help them grow? Reach out to me via email or add me on Slack (firstname.lastname@example.org) – we’d love to help you close your next deal.
Two weeks ago our team gathered for the FSM Summit, our annual in-person employee retreat. We had a great week of rest, relaxation, and connection with our (otherwise fully remote) team. We’ve grown so much over the past few years that it’s getting harder to fit us all in one picture! Thank you for trusting us with your clients – we look forward to growing with you for many years to come!