01 May Fast Forward: May 2022 Edition – FINS
Monthly, FSM compiles data and research from interviews with our clients, consultants, and our extensive network of industry experts to identify sales opportunities for our partners at Salesforce. We call it “Fast Forward.” Please sign up below if you’d like to get this info delivered via email.
Hey, hey – it’s May, which means it’s time for the latest edition of Fast Forward! We’ve got everything you need to make it a great month, including where to find opportunities, crucial info for your next sales call with B2B prospects, and more!
In this edition:
- Give me some credit: Where to look for opportunities this month.
- Got a moment? What your B2B prospects need to understand about sales and marketing.
- Humblebrag: The rundown of new logos signed, industries served, and Salesforce products wrangled by FSM in the last month.
Payment card industry
As physical payment forms become more obsolete, the card industry continues to thrive. The global credit card payment value was $138 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach $263 billion by 2028. Additionally, the in-store credit card transaction value will continue to see a 3.2% growth year-over-year in the US, reaching over $2 trillion.
- Learn more about the 2022 credit card market and 5 credit card trends experts are watching for this year and beyond.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Salesforce can tackle the challenges of a growing payment card industry. As the card market continues to adapt to changes in the ecosystem, so can Salesforce. Payment card companies need a platform they will never outgrow and a partner that is consistently pushing the bounds of what is possible, and the answer is Salesforce.
The open banking market stands at $37+ billion and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 23.98% between 2022 and 2028. Why is the market expected to accelerate at such a rapid speed? Open banking enables financial institutions and banks to share customer data with third-party financial services providers, allowing opportunity for smaller businesses in a sector that was once dominated by large corporations. Companies that facilitate or benefit from open banking are well-positioned to take advantage of this growing trend.
- Learn more about the enablement of open banking through MuleSoft and why open banking could usher in a new era of growth in 2022.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Salesforce can aid open banking companies in creating a digital infrastructure. With Salesforce, companies can establish better relationships with customers through digital engagement efforts, and satisfy the industry push for increased automation and efficiency.
Private equity companies
Following setbacks from the pandemic, the private equity market rebounded across the board. Fundraising was up 20% year-over-year to reach a record of almost $1.2 trillion, dealmakers were busy deploying $3.5 trillion across asset classes, and assets under management (AUM) grew to an all-time high of $9.8 trillion.
- Learn why private equity managers expect another boom year in 2022, and check out the private market annual review.
- Use this angle: Focus on how Salesforce can streamline fundraising efforts, maintain portfolios, and provide an invaluable tool that can help propel a private equity company’s competitive advantage.
2022 is forecast to be another strong year for fintech. Check out this list of U.S. fintech startups that recently received Series A funding and will be looking to grow.
Need a moment?
From Harvard Business Review:
“Any given [B2B] sales team [has] a vanishingly small window of opportunity to interact directly with that customer — perhaps 5% or 6% of total buying time if they are lucky.”
A much more meaningful percentage of buying time is spent gathering information elsewhere. Read the full HBR article to learn how your B2B clients can adapt and get the right information in front of prospects where and when they need it (hint, hint – Salesforce can help with that).
THE PARTNER OF CHOICE
In the last month alone, Fast Slow Motion closed 18 new HLS, FINS, RCG, and Core logos, and helped new and existing Core, FINS, HLS, MFG, and RCG clients implement and enhance Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Digital Engagement, Health Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Experience Cloud, Pardot, FSL, and more.
Looking for a partner who understands your clients and how Salesforce can help them grow? Reach out to me via email or add me on Slack (email@example.com) – we’d love to help you close your next deal.