19 Feb Fast Forward: March 2021 Edition – General Business
Posted at 20:49h in Fast Forward
Monthly, FSM compiles data and research from interviews with our clients, consultants, and our extensive network of industry experts to identify sales opportunities for our partners at Salesforce. We call it “Fast Forward.” Please sign up below if you’d like to get this info delivered via email.
- Commercial Cleaning Services: There’s been an uptick in demand for commercial cleaning services due to the pandemic. The elevated demand is likely to continue, especially for “green” cleaning services. Businesses in this sector would benefit from technology that helps them scale, as well as optimize field service processes. Read more here and here.
- Warehousing: The pandemic has created several factors (i.e. the ecommerce boom) that will drive continued strength in the warehousing and logistics sector. Supply has recently caught up to demand, though, so warehousing companies that can use data to improve efficiency and decision making will have an edge. Related companies (lift manufacturers, equipment components, logistics software, etc.) may also see a boost. Read more here.
- VoIP providers: Demand for VoIP services will remain strong, even though the huge spike in demand produced by the pandemic will settle somewhat. With more than 1,000 companies of varying size offering VoIP services in the U.S., businesses in this sector will benefit from robust sales, marketing efforts, and customer support capabilities in order to rise to the top of the pack. Read more here.
- Residential real estate: Residential real estate was surprisingly strong in 2020, with continued (though not as dramatic) growth predicted for 2021. Businesses involved in residential real estate, as well as construction of new residential real estate and related industries (i.e. home inspection, pool builders, lumber companies, kitchen and bath wholesalers, flooring manufacturers, window and siding manufacturers, staging companies, roofing) will be a healthy sector to sell into, especially for savvy business owners looking to improve their sales, marketing, and field service operations. Read more here, here, and here.
- Other pandemic-boosted businesses: Though the pandemic has inflicted serious damage in many industries, there are some niches that may benefit due to their ability to address challenges in the current climate, including:
- Remote learning companies
- Virtual collaboration tool providers
- Delivery services (especially “last-mile” delivery)
- 5G-related businesses