15 Sep Salesforce Transformations: How a Small, Growing Business Was Able To Scale Seamlessly
Posted at 12:24h in Business, Customer Success Stories, Entrepreneurship, Salesforce, Salesforce Adoption, Software, Technology 0 CommentsIf you own a small, rapidly-growing businesses it may sound like a dream come true—but it doesn’t come without its fair share of nightmares along the way! Such companies rapidly outgrow their business processes and this creates headaches in all areas of the day-to-day running of the business. Often, they muddle along with inefficient processes, poor communication, and frequent costly errors that harm relationships with customers. Ultimately, service delivery problems lead to customers leaving and the nightmares beginning for the business owner. But turning this round is often simply a case of re-defining the sales processes and introducing more automation to improve the service delivery for clients. Salesforce is one of the best tools for achieving this. An excellent example of how Salesforce can help in this scenario came to light recently with a company we provided a QuickStart for in Birmingham, AL.
Steel City PopsSteel City Pops was founded only five years ago. The company makes delicious, gourmet pops using locally-sourced natural ingredients that contain none of the bad stuff, like refined sugars or high fructose corn syrup. Fortunately, the idea caught on rapidly. The company has expanded quickly—and they now have 21 locations across the South. Customers can purchase their pops directly from the outlets or they can be catered at special events. The catering side of the business has been particularly successful.
Key Business ChallengesThe company has to manage a considerable volume of events—or ‘Happenings’ as they are called in the Steel City Pops world. The key challenges were mainly in the catering side of the business, due to its rapid expansion:
- It was using manual ordering, confirmation, fulfillment, and event management—which was no longer viable
- Many inefficiencies resulted from manual processes, leading to internal and external communication errors and costly mistakes with customer orders
- Bringing new members of staff up to speed on these inefficient, loosely defined manual processes was difficult
The Proposed SolutionWhen we met with Steel City Pops, it was clear that they needed a system that would allow them to scale their business in a seamless way. We proposed using Salesforce as a way to achieve the following goals:
- A platform where customers could quickly and easily schedule a ‘Happening’
- An easy way to manage all ‘Happenings’
- A system that would allow the company to be more ‘nimble’ and respond to change quicker
- A plan that would allow them to quickly onboard new employees
- A 360-degree view of their customers, locations, products, and events