CISCO Chemicals provides value added distribution for the chemical industry. Their services fall into three major groups:
- Bulk Chemical Procurement – Through strong relationships with base chemical manufacturers around the world, CISCO serves bulk chemical customers reliably and competitively.
- Product Development – By working alongside customers, from the Research and Development lab to the manufacturing facility, Cisco brings their new products to market. They assist in everything from developing new compounds and applications, to site selection and process engineering.
- Comprehensive Logistics – By serving customers with world class logistics services and custom designed resource strategies, they help customers keep storage costs low and deliveries on time.
CISCO’s challenge is to provide fast, high quality service to their customers. CISCO does business with many of the world’s largest chemical manufacturing companies who demand a hassle-free experience. Here’s how they customized and deployed Salesforce Enterprise Edition to meet their needs:
- Completed a custom CRM configuration to help them manage Accounts and Contacts.
- Made extensive modifications of the standard Salesforce objects, like Products and Orders, to capture relevant and specific data.
- Added custom objects to support Freight Processing and Invoicing. • Implemented validations and automated workflows to facilitate the Order-to-Invoice process for their recurring orders from repeat buyers.
- Leveraged Salesforce Apps, such as Conga Composer, to produce custom documents, including Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, Quotes, Bills of Lading, and Shipping Confirmations.
Cisco utilizes the Salesforce platform to manage their sales pipeline and their entire order management process. Because of their unique needs, Cisco turned to Fast Slow Motion to help customize Salesforce. Cisco’s customers need new products all the time, so Salesforce was customized and built around their process of recurring orders. Since Salesforce is so flexible and can be customized to manage all business processes, the Opportunities object was not utilized. Instead, Salesforce objects were built and customized to meet their exact needs.
Since we implemented Salesforce with Fast Slow Motion, we have seen big improvements in the speed of our order processing and tracking, along with customer communication. Since we now have all order related information at our fingertips, and documents have been standardized using Conga Composer, our communication has improved tremendously with our Customers. Fast Slow Motion truly helped Cisco get a jumpstart on the Salesforce platform and also provided me the tools and training when I needed to learn the platform quickly.”
– Tyler Beaucamp,
I.T. Director, CISCO CHEMICAL
FSM + Salesforce
Salesforce offers a range of products that go far beyond a basic CRM management system. Salesforce’s products can be customized to manage your business and Fast Slow Motion can make your specific business needs a reality. Our team is built with business and industry experts that can help you implement processes and technology in ways that will support rapid growth. We have implemented Salesforce in our own businesses, so we understand what it takes to advance your business to the next level.